Bankruptcy and Foreclosure Lawyer in Glen Burnie, Maryland
A Maryland Attorney for Defense of Your Assets and Future
If you are struggling to deal with too much debt, trying to save your family home, and return to financial stability, your best move could be talking to a Glen Burnie bankruptcy attorney knowledgeable in both real estate/foreclosure law and bankruptcy law. Whether or not you believe our Maryland and national economies are recovering, waiting too long can restrict your debt relief options and damage your future.
Home Foreclosure Attorney in Annapolis
Timothy J. Mummert focuses on helping individuals and families solve tough problems through a variety of sound legal approaches. Please contact us today to talk freely, confidentially, and discreetly about your specific challenges. We welcome clients from throughout the greater Baltimore area and beyond, including communities from Elkridge and Columbia to Odenton, Severna Park, Annapolis and Glen Burnie. We have offices in Glen Burnie and Columbia to meet with you.
Finding Real Debt Relief Solutions That Work for You
We understand the constant stress and worry you may be feeling if you have received a mortgage foreclosure notice, are slipping toward home loan default, or simply cannot service all your credit card debt any longer. Creditors and collectors can be merciless, and you may feel as though you are watching your future slip away. We can help, with careful analysis and informed guidance.
Chapter 7 or 13 Bankruptcy Filings — Approaches to Saving Your Home
Our lawyer’s knowledge can be a tremendous asset and comfort, and we will treat you with respect as we help you evaluate potential solutions such as:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — a solution that, if you qualify, can provide dependable debt liquidation and protection from creditors that adds up to a “fresh start”
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy — a solution for individual consumer debtors who do not qualify for Chapter 13 to reorganize their debt and retain possession of their assets as a debtor in possession and a solution for businesses to reorganize their debt and retain possession of their companies, and to propose a plan to repay creditors over time
- Chapter 12 bankruptcy – a solution beneficial for farmers and family fishermen who need debt relief and asset protection, and have sufficient income to repay creditors over time
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — a solution for individuals and families with substantial regular income who need debt relief and asset protection but are not eligible or suited for Chapter 13
- Chapter 13 lien stripping — a solution for stripping second mortgages on both primary residences and second residences/rental properties
- Chapter 20 bankruptcy — a solution, if you qualify, to both discharging debts and taking care of mortgage arrears; not an actual bankruptcy chapter but done through a serial filing of Chapter 7 and then Chapter 13 bankruptcy
- Stopping garnishments and wage liens — by filing for Chapter 7 or 13 bankruptcy, an automatic stay is placed on all creditors for wage liens and garnishments
- Foreclosure defense and mortgage renegotiation — efforts, informed by a strong understanding of bankruptcy, loan modifications, short sales, the real estate market and more
We will provide caring, individual counsel whether your situation calls for decisive legal action such as a personal bankruptcy filing or exploration of other paths. This level of in-depth analysis and discussion can enable you to move forward with confidence toward recovery and a return to peace of mind. Please act today to set up a consultation and get the legal counsel you need.