A trust is a valuable estate planning tool that you can use to protect your assets from probate and determine how they will be distributed to your loved ones after you die. When drafted properly, trusts can also protect the assets they contain from certain estate and inheritance taxes. Here at Mummert Law Firm, we understand all of the nuances of Maryland trust law. Regardless of your needs, we can review your case and determine the best type of trust for your unique situation.
Types of Trusts
Our firm has experience drafting all types of estate planning trusts, including:
- Revocable Trusts
- Irrevocable Trusts
- Living Trusts
- Bypass and Credit Shelter Trusts
- Life Insurance Trusts
- Special Needs Trusts
- Charitable Trusts
Benefits of Trusts
- Avoiding Probate – Probate is a lengthy and costly legal process. A proper trust can help your loved ones avoid it.
- Reducing Estate Taxes – Trusts can help you avoid potentially expensive estate and inheritance taxes by shielding certain assets.
- Simplifying Property Distribution – When you create a trust, you can clearly define how the assets it contains are to be distributed, and the trustee can follow your instructions immediately after you die.
- Protecting Assets from Creditors – Certain trusts can shield your assets from creditor liens and garnishments.
Maryland Trusts Attorney
If you have assets to distribute or protect after you die, establishing a trust is an excellent strategy. Regardless of your estate planning goals, Attorney Timothy Mummert and his associates have the skills and experience necessary to complete the job to your satisfaction. We understand how confusing the estate planning process can be, and we always put our clients first.
If you are also looking for a straight shooter, contact Mummert Law Firm. While attorneys at Mummert Law have contacts with various financial planners in Maryland, neither Timothy J. Mummert, PA nor Timothy J. Mummert, Esquire, nor any attorney, paralegal, secretary, nor office manager are affiliated with any financial company. You know there are no “kick backs” to Mummert Law firm, Timothy J. Mummert, or any staff member from a financial company. You will get the best advice for your situation and we will only perform the service that you want. You will sleep soundly that we looked after your interest first, not the Firm or its staff members interest.
Contact our office today to discuss your needs further or set up a consultation with one of our trust lawyers who will give you an honest and straight forward answer. We look forward to hearing from you!