Experienced Family Law Attorney in Glen Burnie, Maryland
When legal problems impact family, it is especially important to have a knowledgeable lawyer on your side. A divorce or child custody dispute, for example, will have far-reaching effects on the most important relationships in your life. Timothy J. Mummert believes in divorce with dignity, and that family law disputes do not have to ruin lives.
We help people with divorce and a wide range of other family law problems — never forgetting that at the center of these disputes are real people: mothers, fathers, sons and daughters who want to put problems behind them and move on. Contact us today to speak with an experienced, responsive Maryland family law attorney. Our firm is also a trusted, experienced resource capable of dealing with all the legal aspects of adoption.
We serve clients throughout the greater Baltimore area and Howard and Anne Arundel counties. While he is a proven trial lawyer, Timothy J. Mummert prefers to seek rational, cost-effective family law solutions through methods including collaborative divorce or mediation. These methods share a common goal: putting more control in your hands and less in the hands of judges and attorneys.
A Skilled, Balanced and Caring Approach
We focus on achieving results that address our clients’ financial and emotional needs and preserve vital relationships with children. Before taking action, we carefully consider the best legal approach to your individual situation involving issues such as:
- Child custody and visitation
- Child support and/or alimony
- Paternity for married and unmarried fathers
- Marital asset and property division, whether you have very limited assets or substantial property and business interests to divide
- Your need for a post-divorce modification of child support or custody due to a significant change in personal or financial circumstances
- Development of a fair, sound domestic partnership agreement or other type of contract to protect both partners in a same-sex couple
- Overcoming legal barriers and biases to successfully complete a same-sex adoption
Contact Our Respected Firm for the Legal Help You Need
If you are struggling with a family law problem, we are here to explain the law, answer your questions and help you explore all your options. You can reach us online or by telephone at 410-609-6715. We accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit cards to provide you with maximum flexibility.