Skilled Child Support Lawyer in Glen Burnie, Maryland
In the wake of a divorce, financial pressures loom large as one household suddenly becomes two. In this situation, it is vital to ensure that the needs of the children, as well as the needs of both spouses, are taken care of. At Timothy J. Mummert, P.A., we help divorcing spouses with all aspects of alimony and child support arrangements. Our goal is to help all parties get through these challenges and enjoy a more stable and prosperous tomorrow.
Contact us today to speak with a highly-skilled Maryland attorney.
Timothy J. Mummert, P.A.
Knowledgeable Divorce Lawyer
We serve clients from Glen Burnie, Columbia, Howard & Anne Arundel County and throughout the state of Maryland.
How Will Your Child’s Needs Be Met?
At Timothy J. Mummert, P.A., we help parents reach child support and visitation arrangements that are fair for all parties involved. In Maryland, child support is based on the income of both parents and the needs of the child, including:
- The child’s share of the health insurance
- Daycare expenses
- School and transportation
In some cases, additional child support may be warranted for extraordinary circumstances (such as special healthcare or educational needs) but these circumstances are fairly rare.
Alimony Arrangements that Work
The goal of alimony is to make the spouse who needs it wholly or partially self supporting. This includes such considerations as any college education or job training the spouse needs to gain employment. There are three separate types of alimony:
- Pendente lite (temporary alimony): This is based on the financial needs of both spouses, and the ability to pay of the providing spouse.
- Rehabilitative alimony: This is determined by figuring what it would take for the receiving spouse to be self supportive.
- Indefinite alimony: This comes into effect when the two parties could never be equal, and the receiving party is unable to make significant progress to self support. It provides for spousal support with no specific endpoint.
Whatever type of alimony arrangement you are seeking, attorney Timothy J. Mummert and our friendly staff are here to answer your questions and help you find the solution that is best for you and you children.
Contact Our Law Firm Today
If you are facing a child support or alimony dispute, we are here to help. Contact us today online or by telephone at 410-609-6715 to speak with an experienced Maryland lawyer. For Your convenience, we accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit cards.